Date Posted: 31 Nov, 2014
We are recruiting a full time software engineer for mobile applications to join our growing technical team. Your primary role will be developing applications across iOS / Android platforms. You will also be contributing to the overall design and user experience.
Working alongside the other designers/engineers/scientists in the technical team, you will have the opportunity to be directly responsible for a number of projects touching every part of the development process, having ultimate responsibility for delivery of the mobile applications component. This will initially involve a lot of brainstorming, prototyping, and testing of solutions for specific technical issues. In the process of this, you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in every aspect of the growing business.
Resourceful: this is one of the most important things we’ll look for (and which can definitely make up for lack of experience in specific areas). In your application, we want to see evidence that when in a bind you can hack together a solution, or get clever to figure things out.
- BA/BS in Computer Science / related technical field or relevant practical experience.
- Solid technical knowledge of mobile application development (Android and/or iOS).
- Strong foundation in computer science with considerable programming experience in either Java, Objective-C or C++.
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (Android, iOS, XML), MVP application design.
- Ability to generate quick visual prototypes and user experience flows.
- Highly preferable (but not required): Experience working with wireless communication protocols and devices.
- Strong bias towards analytics and making data driven design decisions.
- Highly analytical and creative, excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates good judgement, impeccable character, takes pride in their work, can act decisively, genuinely curious and wants to learn, passionate about delivering.
- Can tell (and take) a good joke
Salary: Competitive + meaningful equity
Location: London (Camden)
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject: "Software Engineer: Your Surname”